Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Testimony Tuesday: Casey Kinman

"I have wanted nothing more lately, than to grow with Jesus. Last week was CHOP (Campus House of Prayer) week and I went there in hopes of spending some REAL time with Jesus. This house provided me a freedom to worship and pray in any way I felt led to do so. It was the most comfortable and free environment I’ve ever experienced Jesus in. Comfortable enough that I did not want to leave so I stayed all night, and that is totally out of my comfort zone. I went in seeking Jesus. I got Him, and more of Him then I could imagine possible. Spending this week with Jesus changed my life…again.

Two of these days I decided to fast and spend my time with Him. I spent my time in the
prayer house with him seeking to tenderize my heart in hopes to experience His presence
and/or His affection for me. I just wanted to let God know I loved Him, even if He didn’t
have anything for me. That’s all I wanted. The next day this guy I meet with regularly,
spoke over me and told me that God accepted my worship and loved it. And that
God wanted me to know, that He knows, that I love Him…I cried like a little school
girl, because God listened to my heart and answered my prayers. I say my life changed
because I grew in my relationship with Jesus. Anyone who grows even a little bit in his or
her intimacy with Jesus will tell you how beautiful and life changing it is.

CHOP made this possible for me, because my home doesn’t allow an environment for me
to do this. If you want to grow with Jesus, come to CHOP. If you want to find Jesus, come
to CHOP. If you want to worship Jesus, come to CHOP. If you want a comfortable place to
read your bible and be in the presence of Jesus, come to CHOP. Whatever you do, come to CHOP, because Jesus is there. And He will change your life.

This busy life doesn’t allow for people to have such weeks. Luckily I’m a college student
and one summer class takes no effort at all. Whether you have the ability to spend one
week, one day or one hour. Come to CHOP and seek Jesus. He doesn’t want you to stay in
your comfort zone, but to leave it for His sake, so that He can reveal himself to you."

Casey Kinman is a Senior Mechanical Engineering major at Texas Tech University. One of the facets of ministry we do at Tech 247 is host a monthly 24-7 prayer week at the Campus House of Prayer or CHOP.  Students are invited to come any time day or night for one week a month, to pray, journal, read their bible, worship, or anything else that they need in order to connect with God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment